Cart is empty
L-Series: Label-Based Antibody Arrays
Semi-quantitative, Label-based, High Density Antibody Arrays
Utilizing direct antigen-labeling technology, RayBiotech has enabled the largest commercially available antibody array to date. With the RayBio® Biotin Label-based Antibody Array (“L-Series”) researchers can obtain a broad, panoramic view of protein expression. Up to 1000 target proteins can be simultaneously detected, including cytokines, chemokines, adipokines, growth factors, proteases, soluble receptors, adhesion molecules, and other proteins, making this array ideally suited for biomarker discovery studies and exploratory screens.
Through a simple labeling process, the sample proteins are directly conjugated to biotin, eliminating the need for a second antibody to develop the array signals. In this format, unintended antibody interactions are impossible, thus eliminating limitations on the size of the array panel.
For a comparison & overview of all our antibody array systems, click here.
Our RayBio® Label-Based Arrays differ from our sandwich ELISA-based arrays primarily in the means of detection. Instead of using a second biotinylated antigen-specific antibody, sample proteins themselves are labeled with biotin prior to incubation with the capture antibodies. Proteins binding to the array can be detected using streptavidin-HRP for chemiluminescence detection or streptavidin-conjugated HiLyte Fluor 532™ for fluorescence detection.
For a list of laser scanner specifications, click here.
If you do not have access to a scanner, RayBiotech provides slide scanning and data analysis services
- RayBio® L-Series Antibody Array Membranes or Glass Slides
- Spin Columns / Dialysis Tube
- Labeling Reagent
- Stop Solution
- Blocking Buffer
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP or Streptavidin-Conjugated HiLyte Fluor 532
- Wash Buffer 1
- Wash Buffer 2
- Plastic Sheets
- Floating Dialysis Rack
- Plastic Incubation Tray
- Detection Buffer C
- Detection Buffer D
- Internal Control
*Accessories include: 2-well or 4-well incubation chamber with gasket, protective cover, snap-on sides, adhesive film
The cell culture supernates or serum is dialyzed before biotin-labeling step. Through a simple process, the primary amine of the proteins in the sample is biotinylated, followed by dialysis to remove free biotin. From here, the newly biotinylated sample is added onto the array membrane or glass slide and incubated at room temperature. After incubation with HRP-streptavidin or Fluorescent Dye-Strepavidin, the signals can be visualized either by chemiluminescence or fluorescence. The experimental procedure is simple and can be performed in any laboratory.
A) Human L-Series 507
The figure shows the RayBio® Biotin-label-based Human Antibody Array I probed with two cell culture supernates. The image were captured using a Axon GenePix laser scanner.
B) Mouse L-Series 308
The figure shows the RayBio® Biotin-label-based Mouse Array 1 probed with Mouse sample. The image were captured using a Axon GenePix laser scanner.
- Christina Scheel et all. Paracrine and Autocrine Signals Induce and Maintain Mesenchymal and Stem Cell States in the Breast. Cell. 2011;145, 926–940
- Lin Y, Huang R, Chen L, et al. Profiling of cytokine expression by biotin-labeled-based protein arrays. Proteomics. 2003, 3: 1750–1757.
- Huang R, Jiang W, Yang J, et al. A Biotin Label-based Antibody Array for High-content Profiling of Protein Expression. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2010; 7(3):129–141.
- Liu T, Xue R, Dong L, et al. Rapid determination of serological cytokine biomarkers for hepatitis B–virus-related hepatocellulare carcinoma using antibody arrays. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin. 2011; 43(1):45–51.
- Cui J, Chen Y, Chou W-C, et al. An integrated transcriptomic and computational analysis for biomarker identification in gastric cancer. Nucl Acids Res. 2011; 39(4):1197–1207.
- Jun Zhong et all. Temporal Profiling of the Secretome during Adipogenesis in Humans. Journal of Proteome Research. 2010, 9, 5228–5238
- Chowdury UR, Madden BJ, Charlesworth MC, Fautsch MP. Proteomic Analysis of Human Aqueous Humor. Invest Ophthalmol Visual Sci. 2010; 51(10):4921–4931.
- Wei Y, Cui C, Lainscak M, et al. Type-specific dysregulation of matrix metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitors in end-stage heart failure patients: relationshp between MMP-10 and LV remodeling. J Cell Mol Med. 2011; 15(4):773–782.
- Kuranda K, Berthon C, Lepêtre F, et al. Expression of CD34 in hematopoietic cancer cell lines reflects tightly regulated stem/progenitor-like state. J Cell Biochem. 2011; 112(5):1277–1285.
- Toh HC, Wang W-W, Chia WK, et al. Clinical Benefit of Allogenic Melanoma Cell Lysate-Pulsed Autologous Dendritic Cell Vaccine in MAGE-Positive Colorectal Cancer Patients. Clin Chem Res. 2009; 15:7726–7736.
- Zhen Hou. Cytokine array analysis of peritoneal fluid between women with endometriosis of different stages and those without endometriosi Biomarkers. 2009;14(8): 604-618.
- Yao Liang Tang,et al. Hypoxic Preconditioning Enhances the Benefit of Cardiac Progenitor Cell Therapy for Treatment of Myocardial Infarction by Inducing CXCR4. Circ Res. 2009;109:197723.