Quantibody® Multiplex ELISA
Build a clear and accurate picture of the expression levels of multiple proteins simultaneously with Quantibody® Mulitplex ELISAs.
Capture 4x the data with much less sample
Combining the specificity and sensitivity of an ELISA with the high throughput of an array, Quantibody® is an array-based multiplex ELISA system for the simultaneous quantitation of multiple cytokines, growth factors, proteases, soluble receptors, and other proteins from a wide range of sample types. With this platform, you need a mere 50 µL of sample to quantify up to 40 proteins in quadruplicate, making this array 80 times more efficient than traditional ELISA.
Each 75mm x 25mm glass slide is spotted with 16 identical antibody arrays called "subarrays". Within each subarray, the capture antibodies and controls are spotted in quadruplicate, enabling detection of up to 40 proteins per slide. Because each slide comes with a 16-well removable gasket and chamber assembly, you can simultaneously process up to 14 samples per slide (number of samples varies depending on how many slides include the full set of 8 standards).
Process 100s of samples a day
To achieve even higher throughput, 4 slides can be nested into a tray which matches a standard microplate. This allows you to automate the simultaneous processing of 64 arrays. Because current automated liquid handling workstations can accommodate several trays at once, you can process hundreds of samples per day.
How It Works
Like a traditional sandwich-based ELISA, Quantibody Multiplex ELISAs use a matched pair of antibodies for target protein detection.
- A panel of capture antibodies is printed as multiple identical subarrays on a standard glass slide.
- Start the workflow with an initial blocking step before adding your samples to each subarray.
- Next, wash the slide to remove non-specifically bound proteins and then incubate the array with a cocktail of biotinylated detection antibodies.
- Finally, incubate the array with a streptavidin-conjugated fluor and visualize using a fluorescence laser scanner.
To quantify target protein concentrations, use an array-specific protein standard with predetermined concentrations to generate an 8-point standard curve of each target protein. Determine the unknown protein concentration by comparing signals from the unknown samples to the standard curve.
Need help scanning your slides and analyzing data?
Start by reviewing our Laser Scanner Specifications Guide.
If you don’t have access to a laser scanner you can take advantage of our free slide scanning and data extraction service. Simply ship us your slides and we’ll send back the raw data extracted from your images.
Need help analyzing all that information? Simply copy and paste your data into the RayBiotech Q-Analyzer Tool specific for your array. The Q-Analyzer will automatically plot the standard curve for each analyte as well as perform background subtraction and normalization.
Wherever you are in your data analysis process, we’re here to help. Learn more about our free data extraction, full scanning, and data analysis services.
We’ve seen the Quantibody Multiplex ELISA array used to address a large range of research questions. Here are a few of our favorite applications:
- High-throughput profiling of cytokine expression.
- Validation of semi-quantitative antibody array results.
- Identifying potential molecular targets for drug development.
- Identifying the molecular mechanisms of drug action.
- Identifying crucial factors involved in disease processes.
- Discovering biomarkers for disease management.
- Discovering expression patterns for molecular classification of diseases.
- Get more data from less sample with only 50 ul of sample required for quantification of up to 40 proteins
- Save time with 4-hour processing
- Save money with an assay that’s more cost-effective than ELISA
- Detect cleaner signals with no interference between capture antibodies (unlike bead-based multiplex assays)
- Enjoy simple workflows with no dedicated equipment required
- Customize an array from our list of targets to meet your research objectives
- Expedite your data collection with high-throughput automated processing
Contents of Kit
- Glass Slide/s
- Sample Diluent
- Lyophilized protein standard mix
- Detection antibody cocktail
- Streptavidin-Fluorescent dye
- Wash buffer
- User manual
- Accessories include: 16-well incubation chamber with gasket, protective cover, snap-on sides, adhesive film