Cell Biology Services
RayBiotech’s cell biology core provides access to the facilities, equipment, and technical expertise required for complex cell biology protocols. This includes cell and tissue culture, imaging and microscopy, cell line development, and any cell-based assay or experiment.
Flow cytometry is a powerful technology that can simultaneously measure multiple parameters on hundreds of individual cells per second. RayBiotech provides a comprehensive Flow Cytometry Full Testing Service to evaluate cellular and signaling phenotypes, cell growth changes, cytokine production, cellular division, and even intracellular signaling events. Our flow cytometry team has over 25 years of experience, specializing in immunology (e.g., T cells) and stem cells
- Phosphorylation of proteins
- Intracellular and cell surface antigens
- Cell proliferation
- Toxicity and DNA damage
- Cellular activation
- Immune checkpoint and cell cycle analysis
- Cytokine storm and comprehensive protein profiling
- Immune function analysis: ADCC, ADCP, CDC assays
- Key Instrumentation: BD FACScelesta
Cell and Tissue Processing
RayBiotech’s cell biology core provides access to the facilities, equipment, and technical expertise required for complex cell biology protocols. This includes cell and tissue culture, imaging and microscopy, cell line development, and any cell-based assay or experiment. We utilize various methodologies for the manipulation and study of living cells and tissues for research, diagnostics, and therapeutic purposes that can help you gain valuable insights into their structure, function, and behavior.
- Primary cell or explant culture
- Live/dead cell separation
- Cell sorting using positive and negative magnetic columns or FACS-based population sorting
- Cell purification, isolation and expansion (PBMCs, macrophages, T cells, B cells, etc.)
In Vitro Cell Culture
RayBiotech’s team of scientists have the advanced level of knowledge and skill that is required for the complexity involved in live cell analysis.
- Dedicated in vitro cell culture core for 3D cell culture, cell expansion, and cryopreservation
- Cell processing and sample aliquoting
- Custom cell culture including primary explants and optimizing expression of a cell line or development of optimum medium or treatment regimes
- High content image analysis, image enabled cell line generation
- Stable cell line service
- High quality generation of over-expressing or knockdown cell lines
- Reporter gene cell lines and assays
- Custom in vitro assay development
- Cell surface assays and intracellular assays are available
Discuss your project requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions?
- Aliquot the cells into cryovials containing cell culture media and dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) at the desired cell concentration. The appropriate amount of DMSO depends on the cells, but is usually 5 - 10% (v/v).
- Slowly freeze cells to maintain cell viability. You can either place the cryovials in a controlled rate freezing apparatus (decreasing the temperature approximately 1°C per minute) or in an isopropanol chamber overnight at -80°C.
- Store the cells in the gas phase in a liquid nitrogen tank.
- Ship the cells on dry ice. Ensure that there is enough dry ice to keep the cells frozen during shipping. Please ship your samples overnight on Monday through Wednesday only. Learn more about how to ship samples by clicking the SAMPLE SHIPMENT INSTRUCTIONS button below.
Still have questions?