Protein Name & Synonyms:
Pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) (Corticotropin-lipotropin) [Cleaved into: NPP; Melanotropin gamma (Gamma-MSH); Potential peptide; Corticotropin (Adrenocorticotropic hormone) (ACTH); Melanotropin alpha (Alpha-MSH); Corticotropin-like intermediary peptide (CLIP); Lipotropin beta (Beta-LPH); Lipotropin gamma (Gamma-LPH); Melanotropin beta (Beta-MSH); Beta-endorphin; Met-enkephalin]
Recommended Dilution (serum & plasma):
Human: 2X / Mouse: 2X / Rat: 2X
This EIA kit is designed to detect human, mouse, and rat ACTH
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Culture Supernatants
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH, also adrenocorticotropin, corticotropin) is a 39 amino acids polypeptide tropic hormone. ACTH is synthesized from pre-pro-opiomelanocortin (pre-POMC), which is proteolytically cleaved by endopeptidases to yield various polypeptide fragments with varying physiological activity. ACTH is secreted by the anterior pituitary gland. It stimulates secretion of glucocorticoid steroid hormones from adrenal cortex cells, especially in the zona fasciculata of the adrenal glands. It influences steroid hormone secretion by both rapid short-term mechanisms and long-term actions. ACTH is also used as a medication and diagnostic agent.
- Strip plates and additional reagents allow for use in multiple experiments
- Quantitative protein detection
- Establishes normal range
- The best products for confirmation of antibody array data
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Standard Peptide
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Biotinylated Peptide
- TMB One-Step Substrate
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diagram
- Positive Control Sample
- Capture Antibody
- User Manual
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 ml volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 ml pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 ml and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Orbital shaker
- Aluminum foil
- Saran Wrap
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- SigmaPlot software (or other software that can perform four-parameter logistic regression models)
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed.
- Add 100 µl detection antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
- Add 100 µl standard or sample to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl prepared streptavidin solution.
- Incubate 45 min at RT.
- Add 100 µl TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl Stop Solution to each well.
- Read plate at 450 nm immediately.
Standard, Biotinylated ACTH peptide, and Positive Control should be stored at -20°C after arrival. Avoid multiple freeze-thaws. The remaining kit components may be stored at 4°C. Opened Microplate Wells and antibody (Item N) may be stored for up to 1 month at 2° to 8°C. Return unused wells to the pouch containing desiccant pack and reseal along entire edge.