Protein Name & Synonyms:
ADM [Cleaved into: Adrenomedullin (A
This EIA kit is designed to detect human, mouse, and rat Adrenomedullin
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Culture Supernatants
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
Adrenomedullin (ADM or AM) consists of 52 amino acids, and is a potent hypotensive and vasodilatator agent. It was initially isolated in 1993 from a pheochromocytoma, a tumor of the adrenal medulla. ADM is found in blood in a considerable concentration and may function as a hormone related to the physiologic control of fluid and electrolyte homeostasis. It has also been reported that ADM stimulates the growth of new blood vessels (angiogenesis) and increasing the tolerance of cells to oxidative stress and hypoxic injury.
- Strip plates and additional reagents allow for use in multiple experiments
- Quantitative protein detection
- Establishes normal range
- The best products for confirmation of antibody array data
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Standard Peptide
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Biotinylated Peptide
- TMB One-Step Substrate
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diagram
- Positive Control Sample
- Capture Antibody
- User Manual
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 ml volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 ml pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 ml and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Orbital shaker
- Aluminum foil
- Saran Wrap
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- SigmaPlot software (or other software that can perform four-parameter logistic regression models)
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed.
- Add 100 µl detection antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
- Add 100 µl standard or sample to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl prepared streptavidin solution.
- Incubate 45 min at RT.
- Add 100 µl TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl Stop Solution to each well.
- Read plate at 450 nm immediately.
Standard, biotinylated peptide, and positive control should be stored at -20°C after arrival. Avoid multiple freeze-thaws. The remaining kit components may be stored at 4°C. Opened microplate wells and antibody (Item N) may be stored for up to 1 month at 2° to 8°C. Return unused wells to the pouch containing desiccant pack and reseal along entire edge.