Protein Name & Synonyms:
Amyloid beta A4 protein (ABPP) (APPI) (APP) (Alzheimer disease amyloid protein) (Cerebral vascular amyloid peptide) (CVAP) (PreA4) (Protease nexin-II) (PN-II) [Cleaved into: N-APP Soluble APP-alpha (S-APP-alpha) Soluble APP-beta (S-APP-beta) C99 Beta-amyloid protein 42 (Beta-APP42) Beta-amyloid protein 40 (Beta-APP40) C83 P3(42) P3(40) C80 Gamma-secretase C-terminal fragment 59 (Amyloid intracellular domain 59) (AICD-59) (AID(59)) (Gamma-CTF(59)) Gamma-secretase C-terminal fragment 57 (Amyloid intracellular domain 57) (AICD-57) (AID(57)) (Gamma-CTF(57)) Gamma-secretase C-terminal fragment 50 (Amyloid intracellular domain 50) (AICD-50) (AID(50)) (Gamma-CTF(50)) C31]
0.1 ng/ml - 100 ng/ml
Recommended Dilution (serum & plasma):
This ELISA antibody pair detects human Amyloid beta 1-40. It has crossreactivity with mouse Amyloid beta 1-40.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Culture Supernatants
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
- Strip plates and additional reagents allow for use in multiple experiments
- Quantitative protein detection
- Establishes normal range
- The best products for confirmation of antibody array data
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Lyophilized Standard
- Biotinylated Detection Antibody
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
- TMB One-Step Substrate
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 µl volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 µl pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 µl and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- Log-log graph paper or computer and software for ELISA data analysis
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
- Incubate 45 min at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.