Protein Name & Synonyms:
Endothelial transcription factor GATA-2, GATA-binding protein 2
The olionucleotide/antibody pair provided in this kit recognizes human FRA-2 in whole lysates and nuclear extracts.
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Microplate Kit
GATA transcription factors have a characteristic feature that they all bind to the DNA consensus sequence (A/T)GATA(A/G) of target gene promoters by two adjacent zinc fingers (Cys-X2-Cys-X17-Cys-X2-Cys). These transcription factors regulate differentiation, growth and survival of a wide range of cell types. The GATA family consists of six transcription factors, GATA1 to GATA6, between which the DNA-binding regions, two zinc finger domains are highly conserved. The C-terminal ‘‘C-finger’’ and its adjacent basic region are necessary and sufficient for GATA to bind to its cognate sequence. The N-terminal ‘‘N-finger’’ can also bind DNA independently, but has a preference for GATC core motifs. Both fingers participate in binding the palindromic GATA motif ATCWGATA (W = A/T), resulting in markedly increased affinity.
- Specific transcription factor-DNA binding assay
- Perfect alternative to EMSA
- Easy to perform in an ELISA format
- Non-radioactive assay
- High throughput (96-well plate format)
- Assay can be completed within 5 hours
- 96-well Strip Microplate pre-coated with DNA probes
- DNA Binding Buffer
- Positive Control Sample
- Specific Competitor DNA probe
- Non-specific Competitor DNA probe
- Assay Reagent
- Wash Buffer
- Primary Antibody
- HRP-conjugated Secondary Antibody
- Antibody Diluent Buffer
- TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent
- Stop Solution
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- 100 ml and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare sample dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 ml volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 ml pipettes for reagent preparation
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Prepare all reagents and samples as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of sample or positive control to each well.
- Incubate 2 h at RT or O/N at 4 °C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared primary antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared HRP-secondary antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
Transcription factor activity assay of GATA-2 from nuclear extracts of K562 cells or HeLa cells. A. Western-blot result of GATA-2 from cytoplasmic and nuclear fractions. B. Transcription factor activity assay of GATA-2 from nuclear fractions with the RayBio® GATA-2 TF-Activity Assay Kit.
Transcription factor activity assay of GATA-2 from nuclear extracts of K562 cells or HeLa cells with the specific competitor or non-specific competitor. The result shows specific binding of GATA-2 to the GATA conserved binding site detected by using the RayBio® GATA-2 TF-Activity Assay Kit.
Upon receipt, the positive control should be removed and stored at -20° or -80°C. The remainder of the kit can be stored for up to 6 months at 2-8°C from the date of shipment. Opened Microplate Wells or reagents may be stored for up to 1 month at 2° to 8°C. Return unused wells to the pouch containing desiccant pack, reseal along entire edge.
Note: The kit can be used within one year if the whole kit is stored at -20°C upon receipt. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.