15 pg/ml - 15000 pg/ml
Recommended Dilution (serum & plasma):
This ELISA kit shows no cross-reactivity with any of the cytokines tested: Human Angiogenin, BDNF, BLC, ENA-78, FGF-4, IL-1 alpha, IL-1 beta, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-7, IL-8, IL-9, IL-10, IL-11, IL-12 p70, IL-12 p40, IL-13, IL-15, I-309, IP-10, G-CSF, GM-CSF, MCP-1, MCP-2, MCP-3, MDC, MIP-1 alpha, MIP-1 beta, MIP-1 delta, PARC, PDGF, RANTES, SCF, TARC, TGF-beta, TIMP-1, TIMP-2, TNF-alpha, TNF-beta, TPO, VEGF.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Culture Supernatants
- Cell Lysates
- Tissue Lysates
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
Protein Name & Synonyms:
Interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) (Immune interferon)
Interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) is a pleiotropic cytokine with antiproliferative, pro-apoptotic and antitumor activity. It is a homodimer formed by the association of two 17 kDa polypeptides, that bind in an antiparallel manner to form a mature 50 kDa molecule. This symmetry allows for a single molecule to bind two receptors amplifying downstream signaling. IFN-gamma is secreted by CD4 T helper type 1 cells and CD8 cytotoxic cells, γδ T cells, NK cells and to a lesser extent by NK T cells, B cells and APC cells. Its expression is induced by cytokines such as IL-12, IL-15, IL-18 and type I IFN. The effects of IFN-gamma are mediated through the activation of the JAK/STAT pathway which modulates the transcription of many genes. IFN-gamma signaling plays a role in host defense, immune surveillance, establishing adaptive immunity and in regulating inflammation, apoptosis and the cell cycle.
- Strip plates and additional reagents allow for use in multiple experiments
- Quantitative protein detection
- Establishes normal range
- The best products for confirmation of antibody array data
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Lyophilized Standard
- Biotinylated Detection Antibody
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
- TMB One-Step Substrate
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 µl volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 µl pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 µl and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- Log-log graph paper or computer and software for ELISA data analysis
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
- Incubate 45 min at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.