0.1 ng/ml - 30 ng/ml
Recommended Dilution (serum & plasma):
2 - 20 fold
This antibody pair can only detect a free form of human IGF-1. It does not detect a complex, such as binding with IGFBPs. This IGF-1 ELISA kit shows no cross-reactivity with any of the cytokines tested: Human Angiogenin, BDNF, BLC, ENA-78, FGF-4, IGFBP-1, IGFBP-2, IGFBP-3, IGFBP-4, IL-1 alpha, IL-1 beta, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-7, IL-8, IL-9, IL-10, IL-11, IL-12 p70, IL-12 p40, IL-13, IL-15, I-309, IP-10, G-CSF, GM-CSF, IFN-gamma, Leptin (OB), MCP-1, MCP-3, MDC, MIP-1 alpha, MIP-1 beta, MIP-1 delta, PARC, RANTES, SCF, TARC, TGF-beta, TIMP-1, TIMP-2, TNF-alpha, TNF-beta, TPO, VEGF.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Culture Supernatants
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
Protein Name & Synonyms:
Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) (Mechano growth factor) (MGF) (Somatomedin-C)
Insulin-like-growth factor is a hormone structurally similar to insulin. It is central to the somatotropic axis acting downstream of growth hormone (GH) to promote tissue growth and development. IGF1 is synthesized in the liver, where its secretion is regulated by the pituitary secretion of GH. The actions of IGF1 are mediated through the IGF1R receptor to activate downstream signaling cascades such as PI3-kinase and mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways. Defects in the encoding gene can cause insulin-like growth factor deficiency - characterized by growth retardation, sensorineural deafness and intellectual disability.
- Strip plates and additional reagents allow for use in multiple experiments
- Quantitative protein detection
- Establishes normal range
- The best products for confirmation of antibody array data
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Lyophilized Standard
- Biotinylated Detection Antibody
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
- TMB One-Step Substrate
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 µl volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 µl pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 µl and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- Log-log graph paper or computer and software for ELISA data analysis
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
- Incubate 45 min at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.