Protein Name & Synonyms:
Interleukin-8 (IL-8) (C-X-C motif chemokine 8) (Chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 8) (Emoctakin) (Granulocyte chemotactic protein 1) (GCP-1) (Monocyte-derived neutrophil chemotactic factor) (MDNCF) (Monocyte-derived neutrophil-activating peptide) (MONAP) (Neutrophil-activating protein 1) (NAP-1) (Protein 3-10C) (T-cell chemotactic factor) [Cleaved into: MDNCF-a (GCP/IL-8 protein IV) (IL8/NAP1 form I) Interleukin-8 ((Ala-IL-8)77) (GCP/IL-8 protein II) (IL-8(1-77)) (IL8/NAP1 form II) (MDNCF-b) IL-8(5-77) IL-8(6-77) ((Ser-IL-8)72) (GCP/IL-8 protein I) (IL8/NAP1 form III) (Lymphocyte-derived neutrophil-activating factor) (LYNAP) (MDNCF-c) (Neutrophil-activating factor) (NAF) IL-8(7-77) (GCP/IL-8 protein V) (IL8/NAP1 form IV) IL-8(8-77) (GCP/IL-8 protein VI) (IL8/NAP1 form V) IL-8(9-77) (GCP/IL-8 protein III) (IL8/NAP1 form VI)]
1 pg/ml - 600 pg/ml
Recommended Dilution (serum & plasma):
This ELISA kit shows no cross-reactivity with any of the cytokines tested: Human BDNF, BLC, ENA-78, FGF-4, IL-1 alpha, IL-1 beta, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-7, IL-9, IL-10, IL-11, IL-12 p70, IL-12 p40, IL-13, IL-15, I-309, IP-10, G-CSF, GM-CSF, IFN-gamma, Leptin (OB), MCP-1, MCP-2, MCP-3, MDC, MIP-1 alpha, MIP-1 beta, MIP-1 delta, PARC, PDGF, RANTES, SCF, TARC, TGF-beta, TIMP-1, TIMP-2, TNF-alpha, TNF-beta, TPO, VEGF.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Culture Supernatants
- Cell Lysates
- Tissue Lysates
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
- Strip plates and additional reagents allow for use in multiple experiments
- Quantitative protein detection
- Establishes normal range
- The best products for confirmation of antibody array data
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Lyophilized Standard
- Biotinylated Detection Antibody
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
- TMB One-Step Substrate
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 µl volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 µl pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 µl and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- Log-log graph paper or computer and software for ELISA data analysis
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
- Incubate 45 min at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.