2 pg/ml - 500 pg/ml
Recommended Dilution (serum & plasma):
This ELISA kit shows no cross-reactivity with any of the cytokines tested: Human BDNF, BLC, ENA-78, FGF-4, IL-1 alpha, IL-1 beta, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-7, IL-8, IL-9, IL-10, IL-11, IL-12 p70, IL-12 p40, IL-13, IL-15, I-309, IP-10, G-CSF, GM-CSF, IFN-gamma, Leptin (OB), MCP-2, MCP-3, MDC, MIP-1 alpha, MIP-1 beta, MIP-1 delta, PARC, PDGF, RANTES, SCF, TARC, TGF-beta, TIMP-1, TIMP-2, TNF-alpha, TNF-beta, TPO, VEGF.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Culture Supernatants
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
Protein Name & Synonyms:
C-C motif chemokine 2 (HC11) (Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1) (Monocyte chemotactic and activating factor) (MCAF) (Monocyte chemotactic protein 1) (MCP-1) (Monocyte secretory protein JE) (Small-inducible cytokine A2)
The monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1/CCL2) is a potent chemotactic factor for monocytes. MCP-1 is made of 76 amino acids and is 13 kDa in size. It is produced by a variety of different cell types such as, endothelial, fibroblasts, epithelial, smooth muscle, astrocytic, monocytic and microglial cells. MCP-1/CCL2 mediates its effects through the receptor, CCR2. Genetic variants of MCP-1/CCL2 affect serum levels and the incidence of myocardial infarction. Both MCP-1/CCL2 and its receptor have been associated with diseases such as thrombus formation, tuberculosis, cancer, HIV and multiple sclerosis.
- Strip plates and additional reagents allow for use in multiple experiments
- Quantitative protein detection
- Establishes normal range
- The best products for confirmation of antibody array data
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Lyophilized Standard
- Biotinylated Detection Antibody
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
- TMB One-Step Substrate
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 µl volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 µl pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 µl and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- Log-log graph paper or computer and software for ELISA data analysis
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
- Incubate 45 min at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
Need your results faster? Try RayBiotech's SpeedELISA platform for quantitative detection in just three hours.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.