Protein Name & Synonyms:
Epidermal growth factor receptor (EC 184.108.40.206) (Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1) (Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-1)
- HER/ErbB Signaling
- Tyrosine Kinase Family
The antibody pair provided in this kit recognizes Human Tyrosine-Phosphorylated-EGFR.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Lysates
- Tissue Lysates
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
RayBio® Phospho-EGFR ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immuno-sorbent Assay) kit is a very rapid, convenient and sensitive assay kit that can monitor the activation or function of important biological pathways in cell lysates. By determining phosphor-EGFR in your experimental model system, you can verify pathway activation in your cell lysates. You can simultaneously measure numerous different cell lysates without spending excess time and effort in performing a Western Blot analysis.
This Sandwich ELISA kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the measurement of human and mouse phospho-EGFR. An anti-EGFR antibody has been coated onto a 96-well plate. Samples are pipetted into the wells and phosphorylated and unphosphorylated EGFR present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-phosphotyrosine antibody is used to detect only tyrosine-phosphorylated protein. After washing away unbound antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of phospho-EGFR bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Rapidly measure phosphorylated protein in lysates
- Screen numerous different cell lysates without performing a Western Blot analysis
- Minimal hands-on time, convenient, and non-radioactive material
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Biotinylated Anti-Phosphotyrosine Antibody
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Positive Control Sample
- Lysis Buffer
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
- TMB One-Step Substrate
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- 100 ml and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare sample dilutions
- Protease and Phosphatase inhibitors
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 ml volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 ml pipettes for reagent preparation
- Benchtop rocker or shaker
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Prepare all reagents and samples as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of sample or positive control to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4 °C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared primary antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared 1X HRP-Streptavidin to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
A431 cells were treated with recombinant human EGF at 37°C for 10 min. Solubilize cells at 4 x 107
cells/ml in lysis buffer. Serial dilutions of lysates were analyzed in this ELISA. Please see step 3 of Part VI Reagent Preparation for detail.
Recombinant Human EGF Stimulation of A431 Cell Lines
A431 cells were treated or untreated with 100 ng/ml recombinant human EGF for 10 min. Cell lysates were analyzed using this phospho-ELISA.
Upon receipt, the kit should be stored at -20 °C. Please use within 6 months from the date of shipment. After initial use, Wash Buffer Concentrate (Item B), Assay Diluent (Item E), TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent (Item H), HRP-Streptavidin (Item G), Stop Solution (Item I) and Cell Lysate Buffer (Item J) should be stored at 4 °C to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. Return unused wells to the pouch containing desiccant pack, reseal along entire edge and store at -20 °C. Reconstituted Positive Control (Item K) should be stored at -70 °C.