Protein Name & Synonyms:
Insulin receptor (IR) (EC 188.8.131.52) (CD antigen CD220) [Cleaved into: Insulin receptor subunit alpha Insulin receptor subunit beta]
- Insulin Signaling
- Tyrosine Kinase Family
The antibody pair provided in this kit recognizes Human Tyrosine-Phosphorylated-Insulin R.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Lysates
- Tissue Lysates
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
RayBio® Phospho-INSR ELISA kit is a very rapid, convenient and sensitive assay kit that can monitor the activation or function of important biological pathways in cell lysates. By determining phospho-INSR in your experimental model system, you can verify pathway activation in your cell lysates. You can simultaneously measure numerous different cell lysates without spending excess time and effort in performing a Western Blot analysis.
This Sandwich ELISA kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the measurement of human phospho-INSR. An anti-INSR antibody has been coated onto a 96-well plate. Samples are pipetted into the wells and phosphorylated and unphosphorylated INSR present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-phosphotyrosine antibody is used to detect only tyrosine-phosphorylated protein. After washing away unbound antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of phospho-INSR bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Rapidly measure phosphorylated protein in lysates
- Screen numerous different cell lysates without performing a Western Blot analysis
- Minimal hands-on time, convenient, and non-radioactive material
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Biotinylated Anti-Phosphotyrosine Antibody
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Positive Control Sample
- Lysis Buffer
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
- TMB One-Step Substrate
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- 100 ml and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare sample dilutions
- Protease and Phosphatase inhibitors
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 ml volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 ml pipettes for reagent preparation
- Benchtop rocker or shaker
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Prepare all reagents and samples as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of sample or positive control to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4 °C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared primary antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared 1X HRP-Streptavidin to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.