18 pg/ml - 4000 pg/ml
Recommended Dilution (serum & plasma):
20 fold after treatment (see activation steps on page 6)
This ELISA kit shows no cross-reactivity with any of the cytokines tested: Human ANG, CD23, Eotaxin, GCSF, GM-CSF, GRO-alpha, GRO-beta, GRO-gamma, I-309, IFN-gamma, IL-1 alpha, IL-1 beta, IL-3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-7, IL-8, IL-10, IL-12 (p40), IL-12 (p70), IL-15, IL-16, IP-10, MCP-1, MCP-2, MCP-3, MCP-4, MCSF, MIG, MIP-1alpha, MIP-1beta, NAP-2, PDGF, PF-4, PARC, SCF, SDF-1alpha, TIMP-1, TIMP-2, TNF-alha, TGF-beta 2, TGF-beta 3, VEGF.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Culture Supernatants
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
Protein Name & Synonyms:
Transforming growth factor beta-1 (TGF-beta-1) [Cleaved into: Latency-associated peptide (LAP)]
Transforming growth factor β1 (TGFB1) is a cytokine that has an important role in a number of different cellular functions, such as, proliferation, differentiation, chemotaxis, apoptosis and tumor suppression. It plays a crucial role in bone metabolism where is acts as a coupling factor between bone resorption and bone formation. TGFB1 has affinity to TGFB1, 2 and 3 receptors. Downstream TGFB1 signaling activates Smad proteins, mitogen-activated protein kinases and protein kinase B. Mutations in the gene can result in Camurati-Engelmann disease (characterized by increased bone density). Numerous cancer cells are also known to secrete increased levels of TGFB1.
- Strip plates and additional reagents allow for use in multiple experiments
- Quantitative protein detection
- Establishes normal range
- The best products for confirmation of antibody array data
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Lyophilized Standard
- Biotinylated Detection Antibody
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
- TMB One-Step Substrate
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 Âµl to 1 Âµl volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 Âµl pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 Âµl and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- Log-log graph paper or computer and software for ELISA data analysis
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 Âµl of standard or sample to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4Â°C.
- Add 100 Âµl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 Âµl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
- Incubate 45 min at RT.
- Add 100 Âµl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 Âµl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
Need your results faster? Try RayBiotech's SpeedELISA platform for quantitative detection in just three hours.
The entire kit may be stored at -20Â°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4Â°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80Â°C.