2 pg/ml - 1200 pg/ml
Recommended Dilution (serum & plasma):
300 - 3,000 fold
This ELISA kit shows no cross-reactivity with any of the cytokines tested: Human IL-1 alpha, IL-1 beta, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-7, IL-8, IL-9, IL-10, IL-11, IL-12 p70, IL-12 p40, IL-13, IL-15, G-CSF, GM-CSF, IFN-gamma, MCP-1, MCP-2, MCP-3, MDC, MIP-1 alpha, MIP-1 beta, PDGF, SCF, TNF-alpha, TNF-beta, TPO, VEGF.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Culture Supernatants
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
Protein Name & Synonyms:
Metalloproteinase inhibitor 2 (CSC-21K) (Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases 2) (TIMP-2)
Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP2) is a 21 kDa protein mainly expressed in melanoma and renal tubular cells. TIMP2 inhibits matrix metalloproteinases by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. The expression of TIMP2 can be induced by cytokines, chemokines and factors involved in proliferation and differentiation. TIMP2 is involved in G1 cell cycle arrest during the early phase of cell injury. Insulin growth factor binding protein-7 (IGFBP7) is also a marker for cell cycle arrest. TIMP2 together with IGFBP7 were identified as biomarkers for acute kidney injury.
- Strip plates and additional reagents allow for use in multiple experiments
- Quantitative protein detection
- Establishes normal range
- The best products for confirmation of antibody array data
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Lyophilized Standard
- Biotinylated Detection Antibody
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
- TMB One-Step Substrate
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 µl volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 µl pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 µl and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- Log-log graph paper or computer and software for ELISA data analysis
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
- Incubate 45 min at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
Need your results faster? Try RayBiotech's SpeedELISA platform for quantitative detection in just three hours.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.