Recommended Dilution (serum & plasma):
Human: 2X / Mouse: 2X / Rat: 2X
This EIA kit is designed to detect human, mouse, and rat copeptin and the propeptide Vasopressin-Neurophysin 2-copeptin.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Culture Supernatants
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
Protein Name & Synonyms:
Vasopressin-neurophysin 2-copeptin (AVP-NPII) [Cleaved into: Arg-vasopressin (Arginine-vasopressin); Neurophysin 2 (Neurophysin-II); Copeptin]
Copeptin is a 39-amino acid peptide, mainly produced in the paraventricular neurons of the hypothalamus and in the supraoptical nucleus. It is cleaved from a protein also consisting of vasopressin and neurophysin II. Copeptin may help vasopressin folding during transportation. Vasopressin has a direct antidiuretic action on the kidney, and it also causes vasoconstriction of the peripheral vessels. Copeptin can be used as a vasopressin surrogate in clinical test. The clinical interest in copeptin testing is closely linked to the pathophysiological pathways in which vasopressin is involved, such as polydipsia-polyuria syndrome, hyponatremia, syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH) as well as heart failure and acute coronary syndrome.
- Strip plates and additional reagents allow for use in multiple experiments
- Quantitative protein detection
- Establishes normal range
- The best products for confirmation of antibody array data
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Standard Peptide
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Biotinylated Peptide
- TMB One-Step Substrate
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diagram
- Positive Control Sample
- Capture Antibody
- User Manual
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 ml volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 ml pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 ml and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Orbital shaker
- Aluminum foil
- Saran Wrap
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- SigmaPlot software (or other software that can perform four-parameter logistic regression models)
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed.
- Add 100 µl detection antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
- Add 100 µl standard or sample to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl prepared streptavidin solution.
- Incubate 45 min at RT.
- Add 100 µl TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl Stop Solution to each well.
- Read plate at 450 nm immediately.
Standard, biotinylated peptide, and positive control should be stored at -20°C after arrival. Avoid multiple freeze-thaws. The remaining kit components may be stored at 4°C. Opened microplate wells and antibody (Item N) may be stored for up to 1 month at 2° to 8°C. Return unused wells to the pouch containing desiccant pack and reseal along entire edge.