Auto-Western Blot Service
Increase efficiency and focus your time on more critical studies when you leave western blot optimization and execution to the protein analysis experts at RayBiotech.
Using a high-throughput, automated capillary electrophoresis western blotting system and our pre-validated antibodies, we can rapidly optimize and conduct your western blotting studies. You’ll get ng to pg sensitivity in as little as 5 µL of starting material (0.2 µg/µL total protein), a data report with signal peak diagrams and a digitized virtual gel image, and the option for standard curves for full quantification.
Just send us your samples, select your desired antibody from our pre-validated list (or send us your own), and leave the hassle of validating antibodies and optimizing conditions to the experienced Auto-Western Blot Service scientists at RayBiotech.
Why You Should Choose RayBiotech For Your Western Blotting Needs
To Maximize Your Productivity While Conserving Sample
By trusting your projects to RayBiotech’s Auto-Western Blot Service, you can:
- Save time
- By using our pre-validated in-stock antibodies.
- By leaving time-consuming optimization to our team.
- By leveraging our high-throughput (96-well-based) automated workflows.
- Conserve sample/protein—our processes deliver reliable, reproducible data using very low sample volumes (5-10 μL) and as little as 0.2 μg/μL protein.
- Achieve high sensitivity—we can detect protein down to ng/mL to pg/mL concentrations.
- Get data on more samples in less time—our high-throughput workflows analyze 96 samples simultaneously.
- Visualize your results—all Auto-Western Blot Service projects include a full analysis report and the option for us to generate standard curves for full quantification.
- Obtain high-quality data—see quality control testing data in Figure 1.
Figure 1. RayBiotech's Auto-Western platform exhibits linear signal response down to the picogram (pg) range.
Because We Have Years Of Protein Analysis Experience
Founded in 2001 as the first company to commercialize the antibody array, we continue to use our decades of experience in multiplex, high-throughput protein analysis to deliver outstanding protein analysis services to the research community.
What You Can Expect
Using RayBiotech’s Auto-Western Blot Service typically takes 2-3 weeks, depending on the number of samples you send:
- See if we already have a validated antibody for your study by reviewing our available antibody list.
- Request a quote.
- Finalize your service agreement.
- Prepare your samples for shipment—you can find instructions here.
- Fill out a Service Form and include it with your shipment.
- Ship us your samples.
- Once we receive your samples, we’ll send you an email.
- We’ll conduct your studies, keeping you informed about any issues or delays.
- We’ll send back a detailed data analysis in Excel and PDF formats which.
See Example Data
Results are presented in electropherogram format (A) with each peak displayed numerically (B). Electropherogram peaks are then digitally rendered as a "virtual blot" (C).
How Capillary Electrophoresis Western Blotting Works
RayBiotech’s Auto-Western Blot Service uses a highly accurate and precise capillary immunoassay method. As little as 40 nL of sample is loaded into the automated capillary system, where proteins are separated by size. After separation is complete, the proteins are immobilized to the capillary walls. Target proteins are identified using a primary antibody and immunoprobed using an HRP-conjugated secondary antibody and chemiluminescent substrate. The resulting chemiluminescent signal is detected and quantified.
See What Our Western Blot Service Can Do For Your Research
To get started, fill out the “Request a Quote” form with the antibodies you’re interested in or email us at [email protected]. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
See Available Antibodies
Raybiotech has over 2,400 in-house assay validated antibodies for you to choose from for use in our Auto-Western Blot Service. If you have any questions, or don’t see your target of interest, please contact [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions?
ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) is a plate-based immunoassay used to detect antibodies or antigens in a sample.
Western blotting is a membrane-based analytical technique used to separate and identify proteins.
Western blotting is a great way to confirm positive results from ELISA tests. Because it is difficult to perform and requires a high skill level, some labs choose to outsource this procedure to a western blot service.
Western blot analysis requires purified or semi-purified protein samples.
Our western blot service handles this for you. Simply follow the basic sample preparation procedure outlined on our Tips on Sample Preparation page and ship your samples to us. We’ll take care of the rest.
Start by preparing your sample(s) - Tips on Sample Preparation. Then, place each sample into a labeled vial. Freeze the sample right after collection, if possible. You can use a quick freeze procedure. Include a printed copy of the sample service form with your shipment and indicate the quote number or what type of service you’ve requested (C-Series, Quantibody, ELISA, etc.) on the shipping label. Samples must be free of infections, such as HIV, Hepatitis B, or other communicable viruses, etc.
Still have questions?
Get additional information to help you advance your studies from articles on the science underlying antibody-based techniques to video protocols, application notes, and more.