Protein A Magnetic Beads are densely coated with Protein A. They are utilized in the magnetic separation and isolation of antibodies from serum, cell culture supernatants, ascites, or antibody-labeled components.
The magnetic beads are incubated with a sample containing antibodies and then held by a magnet next to the tube. After the unbound contaminants are washed from the beads, the bound antibodies are eluted from the beads with elution buffer. With the magnet immobilizing the beads, the eluted antibodies are transferred to a new tube. The Protein A Magnetic Beads Purification Kit provides enough beads and buffers to purify 20 samples (up to 500 µL each).
Magnetic Beads are superparamagnetic, non-aggregating iron oxide particles (or microspheres) for capturing or purifying targets such as proteins, antigens, antibodies, DNA/RNA, cells, and more. The design enables faster binding kinetics, with high sensitivity & selectivity, in many biomedical and research applications, including automated HTS and manual applications.
Superior yield, purity, and quality over the leading competitors, all at a better value, because we design and manufacture them in-house.
- Multiple Advantages: Over conventional methods (columns, centrifugation).
- Superior Performance: We've designed them to match or outperform the competition.
- Superior Capacity and Yield: High binding capacity for rapid and efficient target purification.
- Superior Purity: Stable, pre-blocked particles provide clean purification even from complex samples.
- Customizable: We can modify or create to suit your needs.
Bead mean diameter
5 mg/mL (2 mL)
> 60 µg rabbit IgG/mg of beads
see User Guide for table of binding affinity for different immunoglobulin classes (IgG, IgM, animal species, etc.)
- Irregular surface, large surface area
- Stronger magnetic response than competing beads of the same size
- Ferric oxide core functionalized with various silane groups
- Protein A Magnetic Beads
- Binding/Wash Buffer
- Elution Buffer
- Neutralization Buffer
The Protein A Magnetic Bead Kit should be stored in the refrigerator (4-8°C). The solutions must be allowed to reach room temperature (20-25°C) before use. Reagents may be used until the expiration date on the box. Do not freeze, dry, or centrifuge the beads as they may result in loss of binding activity and aggregation.