Protein Name & Synonyms:
Mitogen-activated protein kinase 3 (MAP kinase 3) (MAPK 3) (EC 22.214.171.124) (ERT2) (Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1) (ERK-1) (Insulin-stimulated MAP2 kinase) (MAP kinase isoform p44) (p44-MAPK) (Microtubule-associated protein 2 kinase) (p44-ERK1) Mitogen-activated protein kinase 1 (MAP kinase 1) (MAPK 1) (EC 126.96.36.199) (ERT1) (Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 2) (ERK-2) (MAP kinase isoform p42) (p42-MAPK) (Mitogen-activated protein kinase 2) (MAP kinase 2) (MAPK 2)
The antibody pair provided in this kit recognizes ERK1/2 (T202/Y204), JNK (T183/Y185), P38&alpha, (T180/Y182), Total ERK1/2, JNK and P38&alpha, in Human, Mouse and Rat Cell Lysates.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Lysates
- Tissue Lysates
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
RayBio® MAPK Pathway ELISA Sample Kit is a very rapid, convenient and sensitive assay kit that can monitor the activation or function of important biological pathways in human, mouse and rat cell lysates. By determining phosphorylated ERK1/2, JNK and P38Î± protein in your experimental model system, you can verify pathway activation in your cell lysates. You can simultaneously measure numerous different cell lysates without spending excess time and effort in performing a Western Blotting analysis.
This Sandwich ELISA kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the measurement of human, mouse and rat phospho-ERK1/2, total ERK1/2, phospho-JNK, total JNK, phospho- P38Î± and total P38Î±. For each target, a capture antibody has been coated onto microwells. Samples are pipetted into the wells and target protein present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and a detection antibody is used to detect the captured target protein. After washing away unbound antibody, an HRP-conjugated secondary antibody is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of target protein bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Simultaneously measure Phosphorylated protein and pan protein in one experiment (for normalization purpose)
- Screen numerous different cell lysates without performing a Western Blot analysis
- Minimal hands-on time, convenient, and non-radioactive material
Phosphorylated: ERK1/2 (T202/Y204), JNK (T183/Y185) and P38Î± (T180/Y182)
Total: ERK1/2, JNK and P38Î±
- 1 Microplate (Item A)
- Wash Buffer Concentrate (20x) (Item B)
- Assay Diluent (Item E)
- Detection Antibody Erk1/2(T202/Y204) (Item C-1)
- Detection Antibody Erk1/2 (Item C-2)
- Detection Antibody JNK (T183/Y185) (Item C-3)
- Detection Antibody JNK (Item C-4)
- Detection Antibody P38Î± (T180/Y182) (Item C-5)
- Detection Antibody P38Î± (Item C-6)
- HRP-conjugated Anti-rabbit IgG (Item D-1)
- HRP-conjugated Streptavidin (Item D-2)
- TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent (Item H)
- Stop Solution (Item I)
- Cell Lysate Buffer (Item J)
- Positive Control A431S002-1 (Item K)
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- 100 ml and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare sample dilutions
- Protease and Phosphatase inhibitors
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 ml volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 ml pipettes for reagent preparation
- Benchtop rocker or shaker
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Prepare all reagents and samples as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of sample or positive control to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4 °C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared primary antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared 1X HRP-Streptavidin to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
Upon receipt, the kit should be stored at â20°C. Please use within 6 months from the date of shipment. After initial use, Wash Buffer Concentrate (Item B), Assay Diluent (Item E), TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent (Item H), Stop Solution (Item I) and Cell Lysate Buffer (Item J) should be stored at 4°C to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. Return unused wells to the pouch containing desiccant pack, reseal along entire edge, and store at â20°C. Item D, store at 2-8°C for up to one month (store at -20°C for up to 6 months, avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles). Reconstituted Positive Control (Item K) should be stored at -70°C.