Genomic DNA Purification Kitis designed to extract and purify genomic DNA from diverse biological samples; for example, mouse tissues, meat, and gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. Paramagnetic beads with uniform particle size efficiently bind DNA, resulting in high yields and high quality DNA with minimal RNA, proteins, nucleases, and other cellular contaminants. The kit is intended for manual, low-throughput extractions using a magnetic separator. The protocol can be easily customized to optimize sample yield and quality depending on the type of tissue or bacteria.
The kit provides enough beads and buffers to extract DNA from 100 samples. After sample lysis, the magnetic beads are incubated with a sample and then held by a magnet next to the tube. After unbound contaminants are washed from the beads, the bound DNA is eluted from the beads with elution buffer. With the magnet immobilizing the beads, the eluted antibodies are transferred to a new tube.
Magnetic Beads are superparamagnetic, non-aggregating iron oxide particles (or microspheres) for capturing or purifying targets such as proteins, antigens, antibodies, DNA/RNA, cells, and more. The design enables faster binding kinetics, with high sensitivity & selectivity, in many biomedical and research applications, including automated HTS and manual applications.
Superior yield, purity, and quality over the leading competitors, all at a better value, because we design and manufacture them in-house.
- Multiple Advantages: Over conventional methods (columns, centrifugation).
- Superior Performance: We've designed them to match or outperform the competition.
- Superior Capacity and Yield: High binding capacity for rapid and efficient target purification.
- Superior Purity: Stable, pre-blocked particles provide clean purification even from complex samples.
- Customizable: We can modify or create to suit your needs.
Bead mean diameter
varies with sample type; see table in User Guide
- Irregular surface, large surface area
- Stronger magnetic response than competing beads of the same size
- Ferric oxide core functionalized with various silane groups
- DNA Magnetic Bead Solution
- Lysis Solution
- Proteinase K Solution
- RNase A Solution
- Binding Solution concentrate
- Wash Solution 1 and 2 concentrates
- Elution Solution
Upon delivery of the kit, remove the RNase A Solution and Proteinase K Solution vials and store at -20°C. Remove the Magnetic Beads Solution and store at 4°C. Do not freeze the magnetic beads solution. All other kit reagents may be stored at room temperature (20-25°C). Do not use after the printed expiration date.