Human IL-6 ELISA
The RayBiotech IL-6 ELISA kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of human IL-6 in cell culture supernatants, plasma, serum, and lysate samples.
Lead time: Typically ships within 1-2 business days. No Friday shipments.
|Size||1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit|
|Protein Name / Synonyms||Interleukin-6 (IL-6) (B-cell stimulatory factor 2) (BSF-2) (CTL differentiation factor) (CDF) (Hybridoma growth factor) (Interferon beta-2) (IFN-beta-2)|
|Compatible Sample Types||Cell Culture Supernatants, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Lysates, Cell Lysates|
|Solid Support||96-well Microplate|
|Method Of Detection||Colorimetric|
|Specificity||This ELISA kit shows no cross-reactivity with any of the cytokines tested: Human Angiogenin, BDNF, BLC, ENA-78, FGF-4, IL-1 alpha, IL-1 beta, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-7, IL-8, IL-9, IL-10, IL-11, IL-12 p70, IL-12 p40, IL-13, IL-15, I-309, IP-10, G-CSF, GM-CSF, IFN-gamma, Leptin (OB), MCP-1, MCP-2, MCP-3, MDC, MIP-1 alpha, MIP-1 beta, MIP-1 delta, PARC, PDGF, RANTES, SCF, TARC, TGF-beta, TIMP-1, TIMP-2, TNF-alpha, TNF-beta, TPO, VEGF.|
|Detection Range||3 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml|
|Recommended Dilution (Serum/Plasma)||2 fold|
|Sensitivity||3 pg/ml |
Need more sensitivity? Check out the new IQELISA™ kit for this target. Still not enough? Then your answer is our Ultrasensitive Biomarker Testing Service powered by Simoa™ technology.
We offer a 100% guarantee on all ELISA Kits or C-Series Membrane Array.Learn More
Amazon Gift Cards!
$5 Amazon gift card in every kits purchased.
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range (%)|
|Cell culture media||95.65||83-105|
|Serum||Plasma||Cell Culture Media|
|1:2||Average % of expected |
|1:4||Average % of expected |
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Lyophilized Standard
- Biotinylated Detection Antibody
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
- TMB One-Step Substrate
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 µl volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 µl pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 µl and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- Log-log graph paper or computer and software for ELISA data analysis
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
- Incubate 45 min at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
Need your results faster? Try RayBiotech's SpeedELISA platform for quantitative detection in just three hours.
Zhao D., Najbauer J., Annala AJ., et al. Human neural stem cell tropism to metastatic breast cancer. Stem Cells. 2012 Feb;30(2):314-25. doi: 10.1002/stem.784.
Thompson P., Shah A., Ntranos V., et al. Targeted Elimination of Senescent Beta Cells Prevents Type 1 Diabetes. Cell Metab . 2019 May 7;29(5):1045-1060.e10. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2019.01.021. Epub 2019 Feb 21.
Wang XS, Williams LA, Krishnan S, et al. Serum sTNFR1, IL6, and the Development of Fatigue in Patients with Gastrointestinal Cancer Undergoing Chemoradiation Therapy. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 2012;26(5):699-705. doi:10.1016/j.bbi.2011.12.007.
Jiang H., Ling Z., Zhang Y., et al. Altered fecal microbiota composition in patients with major depressive disorder. Brain Behav Immun. 2015 Aug;48:186-94. doi: 10.1016/j.bbi.2015.03.016
LaValle CR, Zhang L, Xu S, Eiseman JL, Wang QJ. Inducible silencing of protein kinase D3 inhibits secretion of tumor-promoting factors in prostate cancer. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 2012;11(7):1389-1399. doi:10.1158/1535-7163.MCT-11-0887.
Lu H., et al. A breast cancer stem cell niche supported by juxtacrine signalling from monocytes and macrophages. Nature Cell Biology (2014) doi:10.1038/ncb3041
Chen, Xia, et al. "Lanthanum chloride inhibits LPS mediated expressions of pro-inflammatory cytokines and adhesion molecules in HUVECs: involvement of NF-?B-Jmjd3 signaling." Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry 42.5 (2017): 1713-1724.
Liu Y., Liao J., Zhao M., et al. Increased expression of TLR2 in CD4(+) T cells from SLE patients enhances immune reactivity and promotes IL-17 expression through histone modifications. Eur J Immunol. 2015 Sep;45(9):2683-93. doi: 10.1002/eji.201445219.
Santarelli E., Gonnella R., Giovenale G., Cuomo L., Capobianchi A., et al. STAT3 activation by KSHV correlates with IL-10, IL-6 and IL-23 release and an autophagic block in dendritic cells. Scientific Reports, 2014.4 article 4241, doi:10.1038/srep04241
Xie, J et al. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus induction of AP-1 and interleukin 6 during primary infection mediated by multiple mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus induction of AP-1 and interleukin 6 during primary infection mediated by multiple mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways. Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus induction of AP-1 and interleukin 6 during primary infection mediated by multiple mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways. J. Virol. Volume 79, Issue 24, Pages 15027-37, Dec 2005
- Great productWe used Huh7.5 and A549 cells by infection with SARS-CoV-2 or transient ... activation by spike protein under our experimental conditions.
- Great productGreat standard curve (R2=0.998). I used on supernatants and I suggest a 3 or 4 x dilution.
- Great productThe package was delivered in perfect conditions. I tried the kit and my standard curve showed an R^2 =0.99. Unfortunately I didn't get the results from my samples because the signal was over saturated. I will repeat the experiment.
from Houston Methodist Research Insitute,
- Great productThis kit worked well for us in cell culture supernatant. This IL-6 ELISA kit has very good sensitivity.
- Great productThis kit is really good and the directions are very straightforward. Have purchased 5 of these kits for different cytokines.
- Great productI used it for cell culture supernatant under induced conditions and tested various treatments. It has very high sensitivity and good linearity, it is very helpful.
from University of Illinois at Chicago,
- Great productEasy to follow and works exactly as expected.
from Biocogent, LLC,
- Great productThis kit worked great. As far as ELISAs go this was a simple shake and bake kit with really clear instructions. Worked perfectly to assess concentrations of whole blood LPS stimulated samples at a 1:20 dilution.
from University of Northern Colorado,
- Great productThis kit worked well for us and the directions were very straightforward. I used it for cell culture supernatant. I found this kit to be very sensitive.
from North Dakota State University,
- Great productThis is our lab's go to kit for measuring IL-6 following immune stimulation. Works great and really simple to prep.
- Great productMeasured IL-6 in cell culture supernatant. Easy to follow protocol.
from University of Houston,
- Great productI prefer RayBio ELISA kits for all my cytokine analysis. Pretty good in quality of sample prep. Reliable and consistent results throughout various time periods.
from University of Texas Dallas,
- Great productEasy to use and results in one day!
from Lankenau Institute for Medical Research,
- Great productThis Human IL-6 ELISA is a great purchase and product. The standard curve is very nice and linear allowing for easy quantification of your samples. I would highly recommend the kit to anyone studying IL-6 secretion.
from Northwestern University,
- Great productI used this kit to validate results from cytokine arrays. Easy to follow protocol. Great results!!!
from Florida A&M University,
- Great productI used this kit for the first time. The protocol is very easy and you'll get a strong result using this kit.
from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center,