Neurokinin A, aka substance K, is a peptide hormone belonging to the tachykinin family, which also includes Substance P and Neurokinin B. All the peptides from tachykinin families are derived from two preprotachykinin genes - the PPT-A gene and PPT-B gene. The former encodes the sequences of Substance P. Neurokinin A. and Neuropeptide K and the latter encodes the sequence of Neurokinin B. Neuropeptide K and Neuropeptide gamma are N-terminally longer versions of neurokinin A.
Neurokinin A has played a variety of roles in human. For example, it is reported that Neurokinin A may mediate bronchoconstriction through the non-adrenergic non-cholinergic nervous system in rat.
There has been no clinical application reported for neurokinin A.
- Strip plates and additional reagents allow for use in multiple experiments
- Quantitative protein detection
- Establishes normal range
- The best products for confirmation of antibody array data
The capture antibody provided in this kit recognizes human, mouse and rat Neurokinin-A.
Target Protein Information
Protachykinin-1 (PPT) [Cleaved into: Neurokinin A (NKA) (NKNA) (Neuromedin L) (Substance K)]
TAC1 NKA NKNA TAC2
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Standard Peptide
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Biotinylated Peptide
- TMB One-Step Substrate
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diagram
- Positive Control Sample
- Capture Antibody
- User Manual
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 ml volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 ml pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 ml and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Orbital shaker
- Aluminum foil
- Saran Wrap
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- SigmaPlot software (or other software that can perform four-parameter logistic regression models)
Protocol OutlinePrepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed.Add 100 µl detection antibody to each well.Incubate 1.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.Add 100 µl standard or sample to each well.Incubate 2.5 h at RT.Add 100 µl prepared streptavidin solution.Incubate 45 min at RT.Add 100 µl TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.Incubate 30 min at RT.Add 50 µl Stop Solution to each well.Read plate at 450 nm immediately.
Standard, Biotinylated Neurokinin A peptide, and Positive Control should be stored at -20°C after arrival. Avoid multiple freeze-thaws. The remaining kit components may be stored at 4°C. Opened Microplate Wells and antibody (Item N) may be stored for up to 1 month at 2° to 8°C. Return unused wells to the pouch containing desiccant pack and reseal along entire edge.