10 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
Recommended Dilution (serum & plasma):
2 - 5 fold
This ELISA kit shows no cross-reactivity with any of the cytokines tested: Human Angiogenin, BDNF, BLC, ENA-78, FGF-4, IL-1 alpha, IL-1 beta, IL-2, IL-3, IL-4, IL-5, IL-7, IL-8, IL-9, IL-10, IL-11, IL-12 p70, IL-12 p40, IL-13, IL-15, I-309, IP-10, G-CSF, GM-CSF, IFN-gamma, Leptin, MCP-1, MCP-2, MCP-3, MDC, MIP-1 alpha, MIP-1 beta, MIP-1 delta, PARC, PDGF, RANTES, SCF, TARC, TGF-beta, TIMP-1, TIMP-2, TNF-alpha, TNF-beta, TPO.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Culture Supernatants
- Cell Lysates
- Tissue Lysates
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
Protein Name & Synonyms:
Vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF-A) (Vascular permeability factor) (VPF)
VEGF is a member of the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family that is often found as a disulfide linked homodimer. It is a glycosylated mitogen that specifically acts on endothelial cells and has various effects, including mediating increased vascular permeability, inducing angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth, promoting cell migration, and inhibiting apoptosis. Elevated levels of this protein is linked to POEMS syndrome, also known as Crow-Fukase syndrome. Mutations in VEGF gene have been associated with proliferative and nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy.
- Strip plates and additional reagents allow for use in multiple experiments
- Quantitative protein detection
- Establishes normal range
- The best products for confirmation of antibody array data
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Stop Solution
- Assay Diluent(s)
- Lyophilized Standard
- Biotinylated Detection Antibody
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
- TMB One-Step Substrate
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 Âµl to 1 Âµl volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 Âµl pipettes for reagent preparation
- 100 Âµl and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare standard and sample dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450nm
- Log-log graph paper or computer and software for ELISA data analysis
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 Âµl of standard or sample to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4Â°C.
- Add 100 Âµl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 Âµl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
- Incubate 45 min at RT.
- Add 100 Âµl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 Âµl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
The entire kit may be stored at -20Â°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4Â°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80Â°C.