Protein Name & Synonyms:
Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E-binding protein 1 (4E-BP1) (eIF4E-binding protein 1) (Phosphorylated heat- and acid-stable protein regulated by insulin 1) (PHAS-I)
- AMPK Signaling
- PI3K-AKT Signaling
The antibody pair provided in this kit recognizes human and mouse 4E-BP1 phosphorylated at site Threonine-36.
Number of Targets Detected:
Compatible Sample Types:
- Cell Lysates
- Tissue Lysates
Method of Detection:
1, 2, or 5 x 96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
RayBio® Phospho-4E-BP1 (Thr36) ELISA kit is a very rapid, convenient and sensitive assay kit that can monitor the activation or function of important biological pathways in human and mouse cell lysates. By determining 4E-BP1 protein in your experimental model system, you can verify pathway activation in your cell lysates. You can simultaneously measure numerous different cell lysates without spending excess time and effort in performing a Western Blotting analysis.
This Sandwich ELISA kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the measurement of human and mouse phospho-4E-BP1. An anti-pan 4E-BP1 antibody has been coated onto a 96-well plate. Samples are pipetted into the wells and 4E-BP1 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and rabbit anti-4E-BP1 (Thr36) antibody is used to detect phosphorylated 4E-BP1. After washing away unbound antibody, HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of 4E-BP1 (Thr36) bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Rapidly measure phosphorylated protein in lysates
- Screen numerous different cell lysates without performing a Western Blot analysis
- Minimal hands-on time, convenient, and non-radioactive material
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Anti-Phospho Antibody
- HRP-Conjugated Secondary Antibody
- Assay Diluent
- TMB One-Step Substrate
- Stop Solution
- Lysis Buffer
- Positive Control Sample
Other Materials Required
- Distilled or deionized water
- 100 ml and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare sample dilutions
- Protease and Phosphatase inhibitors
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 ml volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 ml pipettes for reagent preparation
- Benchtop rocker or shaker
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Prepare all reagents and samples as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of sample or positive control to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4 °C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared primary antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared 1X HRP-Streptavidin to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
HeLa cells were treated with FBS. Solubilize cells at 4 x 107
cells/ml in Cell Lysate Buffer. Serial dilutions of lysates were analyzed in this ELISA. Please see step 3 of Part VI Reagent Preparation for detail.
Insulin Stimulation of 293 Cell Line
293 cells were treated or untreated with Insulin. Cell lysates were analyzed using this phosphoELISA and Western Blot.
Upon receipt, the kit should be stored at –20°C. Please use within 6 months from the date of shipment. After initial use, Wash Buffer Concentrate (Item B), Assay Diluent (Item E), TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent (Item H), Stop Solution (Item I) and Cell Lysate Buffer (Item J) should be stored at 4°C to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. Return unused wells to the pouch containing desiccant pack, reseal along entire edge, and store at –20°C. Item D, store at 2-8°C for up to one month (store at -20°C for up to 6 months, avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles). Reconstituted Positive Control (Item K) should be stored at -70°C.