COVID-19 Binding Assays
COVID-19 binding assays enable rapid, high throughput, and in vitro screening of potential inhibitors of Spike-receptor complexes that facilitate SARS-CoV-2 viral entry. These patented enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISAs) use a 96-well plate and produce a colorimetric read-out for easy data interpretation. RayBiotech offers binding assays for studying interactions between the SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein (wild-type & mutants) and key host cell receptors, including angiotensin I converting enzyme 2 (ACE2), neuropilin-1 (NRP1), and tyrosine-protein kinase receptor UFO (AXL). RayBio® COVID-19 binding assays are a perfect solution for laboratories with a limited budget. In addition, the kits can be handled safely at biosafety level 1 (BSL1), although the BSL requirements may change based on the sample type being tested. Spike-ACE2 inhibitors can also be screened in cell culture with our COVID-19 Pseudovirus Service.
Multiple mutations of the wild type SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein have emerged since the COVID-19 pandemic began. RayBiotech offers inhibitor screening ELISA kits featuring the Spike RBD protein with mutations that appear in major SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern. The binding of the RBD to ACE2 enables viral entry.
N501Y mutant: present in Alpha, Beta, and Gamma variants (B.1.1.7, B.1.351, P.1)
Spike RBD protein with one amino acid mutation: N501Y.
E484K mutant: present in Beta and Gamma variants (B.1.351, P.1)
Spike RBD protein with one amino acid mutation: E484K.
Beta variant mutations (B.1.351)
Spike RBD protein with three amino acid mutations: K417N, E484K, N501Y.
Gamma variant mutations (P.1)
Spike RBD protein with three amino acid mutations: K417T, E484K, N501Y.
D614G mutant: present in Alpha, Beta, and Gamma variants (B.1.1.7, B.1.351, P.1)
Spike RBD protein with one amino acid mutation: D614G.
Alpha variant mutations (B.1.1.7)
Spike S1 protein mutations include a deletion in NTD at HV69-70 and two amino acid mutations in RBD: N501Y, D614G.SARS-CoV-2 Variant Classifications and Definitions
How It Works
- High throughput: Screen hundreds of potential inhibitors of the Spike-receptor complexes simultaneously
- Rapid: Get results in 5 hours!
- Simple to use: Colorimetric assay requires a common microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Compatible with various sample types: Small molecules, antibodies, sera, and peptides
Contents of Kit
- 96-well microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) pre-coated with the natural ligand for the recombinant protein
- Wash buffer concentrate (20x)
- Assay diluent (5x)
- Recombinant protein
- Detection antibody or HRP-conjugated detection antibody specific to the recombinant protein
- HRP-conjugated anti-detection antibody (included in some kits)
- TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent
- Stop Solution